Who Needs To Take Immigration Physical Exam?
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), all applicants who are filing for an adjustment of status for a Green Card / Lawful Permanent Resident must submit a Form I-693 filled and certified by a USCIS designated Civil Surgeon, Dr. Tehmina Sami is a USCIS designated Civil Surgeon.
This examination is required to establish that the applicant is not inadmissible to the United States on public health grounds.
Civil Surgeon will conduct a thorough examination to check your health and for various types of diseases and confirm vaccinations as per USCIS guidelines, such as DT, DTP, DTaP, Td, Tdap, OPV, IPV, MMR, Hib, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, varicella, pneumococcal influenza, rotavirus and meningococcal disease. You will be tested for tuberculosis, which is conducted in two separate sessions.
Our Civil Surgeon
Dr. Tehmina Sami is a USCIS designated Civil Surgeon serving Greater Houston Metropolitan Area.
Time-frame to complete
In most cases the turnaround time for I-693 form is a week*
*If everything is straight forward (mean not complicated exam), the turnaround time for I-693 form is a week.
Validity of Immigration Physical Exam Results
Once your exam is complete, you must submit your results to the USCIS. Your exam results are valid for two years from the signature date.
Immigration Physical Exam
Fast & Friendly
Call Now: 281-994-7911
Address: 13440 University Blvd STE 180, Sugar Land, TX 77479
Documents To Bring
You need to bring several documents with you for your immigration physical exam.
- Valid passport or government-issued photo ID
- Alien registration number. A#
- A copy of your vaccination records with evidence of immunizations such as COVID-19 Vaccines, Flu, DT, DTP, DTaP, Td, Tdap, OPV, IPV, MMR, Hib, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, varicella, pneumococcal influenza, rotavirus and meningococcal disease;
- Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination, and Vaccination Record (if adjusting status);
- Report of the condition and any special education or supervision requirements (if anyone in your family is immigrating with learning disabilities);
- A list of your current medications;
- TB Clearance Certificate certificate from your doctor if you were diagnosed and properly treated.
- Clearance certificate if you have been diagnosed and treated by a doctor or health official with syphilis;
- If you have a history of harmful or violent behavior, you must provide information that can help the civil surgeon determine whether the behavior was psychiatric or medical in nature, or the result of drug or alcohol abuse.
- If you have been treated or hospitalized for any psychiatric or mental illness, you must provide written certification including diagnosis, length of treatment, and prognosis.